Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Two months, what?

This past weekend was my two-month Israelversary. Can you believe it?

In my first blog post (http://mfthewebsite.blogspot.com/2008/12/hebrew-joke-book-yes-its-come-to-this.html) I detailed the ways I would cope with returning to my pseudo-homeland of awkwardness. Let's compare my plans to reality.

Coping strategy: Drinking a lot
Status: Accomplished. I even went on an awkward date with someone that I don't remember giving my phone number to, if that's any indication.

Coping strategy: The beach
Status: Accomplished. I sit on top of pretty cliffs while I read, smoke cigarettes, and marvel over the sunset. What have you ever done?

Coping strategy: Smoking nargila
Status: Meh. Cheap cigarettes from the shuk have been more my thing. I've only smoked nargila once since I've gotten here. But that one time was fabulous!

Coping strategy: Watching 30 Rock obsessively
Status: Very, very accomplished. The other day I went to work on three hours of sleep because I caught up on 30 Rock episodes. Blergh.

Coping strategy: Watching Israeli TV
Status: I am addicted to the Israeli version of Survivor. I have even toyed with the idea of making recap episodes for this blog. I am that obsessed. Help.

Coping strategy: Memorizing IDF abbreviations
Status: I memorized one but I already forgot it.

Coping strategy: Buying a Hebrew joke book
Status: I only communicate through the joke book, naturally.


So as we can see, things are going completely according to plan. Yes.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, congratulations on fulfilling all of your plans so early on! I'm really glad everything is working out!

    As for me, I am trying to get info on Bar-Ilan while doing tons of school work. Good times. Can we trade?

    A.

    ReplyDelete