Monday, September 14, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things

Oh em geeee. As you (probably don't) know, I am obsessed with the NPR radio show This American Life. It has gotten me through the rough times, and through many a 15-hour bus ride in Mexico. I love Ira Glass, and I love that he used to watch the OC with his wife and got really excited when they made fun of This American Life on it. Eeeep!

As you already know, I also love the blog fourfour and the video mentioned here: http://mfthewebsite.blogspot.com/2009/07/this-isnt-americas-next-top-best-friend.html

Now, both of these forces have been combined in the newest episode of TAL, entitled Frenemies. (I also love the concept of frenemies! I love everything! Love!). Yes, good ol' Ira has an actual TAL story about the I'm Not Here to Make Friends youtube video. Life is good.

You can listen to the podcast here (the particular story I'm talking about starts at about 23:15): http://www.thisamericanlife.org/Radio_Episode.aspx?episode=389

PS I wonder what a This Israeli Life show would be like. Actually, it'd be exactly like This American Life but with more joos. There are waaaay too many TAL stories about Israelis. Remember the one about IDF summer camp? Jews run the media.

2 comments:

  1. i love the concept of Frenemies toooooo! And in your last post when you said David Foster Wallace... did you actually mean David Sedaris cause that guy is the shizzzz even though what he writes is far from fiction.

    Love, Chana

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Chana!

    And no, I meant David Foster Wallace, girl. Way better than David Sedaris as far as Davids are concerned.

    ReplyDelete