Tuesday, September 1, 2009

100 Posts

I usually love summer, but am so glad this one is ending. I decided to buy a ticket to the US of A for late November/early December. So I'll be in the US just in time for Christmas madness, and you know how much I hate Christmas. But it's fine. I've realized that the religious/capitalistic fanaticism is not something I can escape from, at least not in Israel (successful kibbutzim excluded). When I walk around on the UT campus, I won't mind the Christian proselytizing, now that I spend a couple of hours every day sitting by crazy people murmuring into their Jewish prayer books on the bus. Anyways, I'm getting ahead of myself. What I meant to say is: I can't wait to go vintage shopping, to eat Mexican food, to see my dog Phoebs, to see real hipsters, to watch people do real drugs, to feel like I know people and they know me, to be treated weirdly for being Jewish, to not hear sexist remarks all the time, and to hug all my loved ones. I'm going to America, bitches! (in a while) (and for only three weeks) (but still)

No comments:

Post a Comment