Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Finally Facing My Waterloo

Everyone who knows me IRL knows I love to ham it up in kareoke with my terrible voice. Singing badly in public is something I just like to do.

Another thing I like is the movie-musical Mamma Mia. Embarrasingly enough, I have seen it five times in theaters. One of those times was a sing-a-long at Alamo Drafthouse where I sat on my row's table, facing the entire theather, and did a Collin Firth impersonation as he sang Our Last Summer. That is how strongly I feel about Mamma Mia.

For my little brother's fifteenth birthday, I recorded the ABBA song Slipping Through My Fingers (which is in Mamma Mia), but with my own lyrics. My friend Aaron helped me record it at the film school at UT, in what he told me was a soundproof room. Apparently the room wasn't soundproof at all and people were asking WTF the noises from inside were. Aaron didn't laugh the entire time but later told me he only did that so I wouldn't feel self-conscious, and that my singing was the most redic thing he'd ever heard.

At my goodbye party in Austin, I performed Slipping Through My Fingers for some reason to a bajillion people. The proof:


The point of all this information is that I have found my Internet twin:



She also does a really bad Shakira impression.

If she starts making mouse videos, I'm outta here.

2 comments:

  1. Yes! I remember when you were in Mexico and your brother got that special gift. Also, I read your blog too, not just your sister. That girl looks like you, you're right. Keep that mouth closed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh May, I am glad you reserve your performances for private parties. As much as I miss your singing, I miss your choreography more. Those hands can dance!

    ReplyDelete