Saturday, June 20, 2009

Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret

Copyright Noam F. 2009

Little notes:
  • Today is stoopid and I am not in a good mood, but this drawing I just received from my lil brother just made everything all better. Almost. This drawing (and the others I received) sure are wonderful.
  • You know you've assimilated in Israel when you think it's appropriate to wear a Longhorns belly shirt to yoga class. I feel both embarrassed and empowered by this apparel decision.
Longer notes:
  • I went to this huge festival in Jaffa the other day, and I still assert that it's the best city in Israel. There were all these literary journals there for sale featuring both Arab and Jewish writers; they had both Arab and Jewish musical artists; the festival had all this lefty political pamphlets around; and there were lots of Arabs and Jews frolicking around and coexisting peacefully. It brought a tear to my eye. It was like a glimpse into the peaceful future that I've decided this country is going to have.
  • After the festival, we walked around beautiful Jaffa and stumbled into a dance partay in the street. It was almost Austin-y. We only danced for ten minutes but I haven't had that much fun dancing in a while. Jaffa is the paragon of cities.
Okay, I'm gonna go listen to NWA and then sing some songs about night cheese to end this little mood I'm in. See you suckaz l8r.


No comments:

Post a Comment