Saturday, January 3, 2009

sleepiness = a list for you

1. The night of New Year's I took a cab ride to Tel-Aviv with a driver who, the entire ride, was holding up a torn piece of newspaper with some woman's picture on it. Thought he was going to kill me, but he didn't. He just dropped me off at my friend Alex/Aviv's house.

2. Had a weirdo allergic reaction the night of New Year's, which involved lack of breathing, a swollen eye, and me not able to feel my bottom lip. Thankfully, Aviv's friend Yuval had an inhaler and saved the day. The eye didn't heal that night though. I looked HOT during New Year's, let me tell ya! Here's the proof:You can laugh at me all you want.

3. After I started breathing a little better, we went to a GOTH CLUB in South Tel-Aviv(!). They played a metal/punk/something version of Umbrella. There were also lots of people wearing Santa hats. Since my dream in life is to be a '90s teenager I was beaming. Beaming with a swollen eye = not right.

4. Lots of other stuff happened, including me going to Jerusalem, which was rather nice, surprisingly. I took a 20-minute walk through the park and talked to some jolly American Orthodox Jews. I even made friends on the bus, Sarah Godner style! I tried to take pictures for the blog, but alas, I suck at doing that.

5. I feel an irrational sense of happiness living here. Things just feel right. Just thought I should say that? Shablam?

Awkward transition time:
6. War update: We're all still scared for my cousin. Her coworker videochatted with her after a rocket hit his neighbor's house today. Eeek, I say. I am really upset that Israel is now putting ground forces, including reserves forces (!) into Gaza. I am very concerned (understatement of the year) for Gazans' safety. I'm also worried for the soldiers, one of which is a boy I used to tutor in Dallas. I personally don't agree with the way this whole operation has been put on, but again, I'm still not comfortable talking about this on the interwebs. I might send some of you a personal email about it. Hmmm.

Okay, it's 2 am here. I should sleep, right? Right!

Laziest update ever. I'll learn to write properly on this thing at one point. Meh.

Update: Ido, the kid I used to babysit/tutor, is not going into Gaza, for now at least, since he hasn't been in the army for long enough. Phew, for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment