Thursday, October 1, 2009

Like, dude...

I watched the film The Puffy Chair tonight and loved it. I was so excited that Ha'Ozen Ha'Shlishit actually has a prominent mumblecore section in their selection! See, after I watched Baghead last year (a movie made by the same people who made The Puffy Chair), I had a two-day mumblecore phase. By "mumblecore phase," I mean that I looked up the word "mumblecore" on wikipedia, and then happened to get a fever, which included feverish dreams of me repeating the word "mumblecore" in my head over and over. The word just got lodged into my head and during the entire time I was coughing up phlegm in my bed and taunted me. Taunted me! It was obnoxious.

Anyways, I've realized that I am way too into awkward realism at the movies. The Puffy Chair is kind of like The Office (British) in full-length movie form. Kinda like how Water World is like the I'm On a Boat video in full-length movie form. I watched that movie during Yom Kippur and they seriously talked about being on a motherfuckin' boat for like half the movie. Lame.

Anyways #2, after I watched the Puffy Chair, I did what I always do and watched the SPECIAL FEATURES of the DVD. 2 kewl 4 skool. In one of the special features, the Whatever Brothers, who made the movie, talked about themselves, and said they went to UT Austin for film school. Right after they said the words "UT Austin," I yelled out"Hook 'em." To myself. What is happening to the world? First I'm wearing a UT belly shirt to yoga, and now this? What next--should I hang a huge Texan flag on my balcony? ('Cause I was thinking about it). Someone save me from myself pls.

No comments:

Post a Comment