Thursday, February 19, 2009

I want to write a bigger post on this later, but here's an initial thought: I dearly miss all my friends from Austin, and I miss the city of Austin, but I don't miss the larger "scene," for lack of a better term. I know I could've avoided the larger social scene somehow when I lived there, but well, I did not, and it's nice to be out.

The four years I spent in my fair city were fabulous, but sometimes (mostly through things like facebook), I get reminded of all the yucky things I have not been missing.

With all the difficulties of moving to Israel, there's just something so right about it, so non-yucky, and--forgive me for my diction, but I've been hanging out a lot with my hippie friend--something very pure.

Israel is . . . calming to me.

(Note: This is the first time ever that someone typed that last sentence on the Internet.)

1 comment:

  1. (Note: This is the first time ever that someone typed that last sentence on the Internet.)

    - and probably the last!

    ReplyDelete