Saturday, November 7, 2009

Balloon Boys: What a Hoax!

I just got back from the Rabin rememberance rally. Never before have I seen so many 14-year-olds with Peace Now stickers! I felt like an alcoholic on Mardi Gras, like this is the one day a year when MY WAY is socially acceptable. Suddenly everyone was a leftist! People were signing up left and right for the Peace Now listserv. What is the deal?

And the 14-year-olds, oh the 14-year-olds. They really wanted our Peace Now balloons and would not shut up about them. "Can I have a balloon?" "No." "What if I sit here all evening? Can I get the balloon then?" "No, honey, but don't worry, there are lots of balloons out there that you can have in the future. Life is long." "But I want the balloon. Promise me you won't give the balloon to anyone else." "No."

Jeez Louise! The teens need to tone it down with the balloon-wanting!

Anyways, the rally felt self-congratulatory and fauxgressive. I mean, what was Ehud Barak doing there?! This event was as filled with hot air as our coveted Peace Now balloons.

No comments:

Post a Comment