Thursday, July 30, 2009

This Isn't America's Next Top Best Friend

Hello there,

So I've been thinking that when I first got to Israel (7 months ago--can you believe it?), I thought I'd finally have to stop living my life on two different continents, stop the yearning for secular Zion and all that. Instead, my life has gotten even more fragmented--with my F.mily and platonic life partners all being in the US, I feel like I'm in a gajillion long distance relationships.

This summer, The Summer of Guests, has led many a friend and family member to an Israeli pilgrimage to visit ME. Last week, three of my closest friends were here, and after they left, I got all sadsies thinking about how much loved ones are all so far away. Good thing that I didn't move to Israel to make no friends--I came here to be #1!

1 comment:

  1. this video kind of makes me honestly hate reality tv. i say i hate it but i don't. i revel in all the cattiness and drama but when you put this trite choir all together it makes me want to vomit. except for melrose, i love that bitch!

    also, i got you a magnet at comic con drawn by this jewish comic artist that writes about being in the israeli army for a year. she was...interesting..

    ReplyDelete